Women’s Health Care Nurse Practitioner - Phoenix
Moderate sized clinic group. - 2 Locations in Metro Phoenix
- Career Field: Nurse Practitioner
- Salary Range: $94,119 - $121,287
Duties and responsibilities
A women's health care nurse practitioner is responsible for managing a number of patient care issues in both inpatient and outpatient obstetrics of gynecology settings. Their typical duties and responsibilities include:
- Recording a patients’ medical histories and symptoms
- Performing physical exams and observing women
- Creating patient care plans or contributing to existing plans
- Performing and ordering diagnostic tests
- Diagnosing various health problems
- Analyzing test results or changes in a patient’s condition
- Giving patients medicines and treatments and evaluating their response
- Consulting with doctors and other healthcare professionals
New Grads welcome to apply!
All nurse practitioner will need a bachelors degree in nursing, to achieve a registered nursing license and to complete a musters degree in nursing. After this, they will need to achieve licensure from the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANPCB) or the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
In addition, all nurse practitioners should aim to get a cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), basic life support (BLS), or advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) certification.
Skills and relevant work experience
As women’s health care nurse practitioners need skills such as:
- Attention to detail, as women’s health care nurse practitioners need to spot issues with patients during checkups and when providing care
- Dexterity, as they may have to use equipment in delicate areas
- Compassion, as womens health care nurse practitioners will will be faced with patients in great distress and pain. They must show the utmost understanding and compassion
- Written and verbal communication skills, as women’s health care nurse practitioners will need to communicate effectively with patients and with other healthcare providers. They also need t0 keep written documents up to date