PEDIATRIC MEDICAL ASSISTANT II - Full Time -
TEMPE AND CENTRAL PHOENIX locations
Day and Evening Shifts Available
4-day a week / 10-Hour Shifts Available
As a Pediatric Medical Assistant you will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the medical clinic. You will support doctors and patients through a variety of tasks related to patient care management, organization and communication. The target is to complete all activities accurately, with high quality and in a timely manner.
- Interview patients and document basic medical history
- Take vitals and document findings in the patient chart
- Review annual wellness questionnaire with appropriate patients
- Organize, authorize and schedule appointments for referrals
- Enter laboratory services
- Send prescriptions electronically or by fax. Verbally call in prescriptions
- Administer injections, perform urinalysis and other lab test, EKG
- Assist during medical examinations
- Triage patient calls, assess the problem, consult with the physician
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Prepare and clean treatment rooms and medical instruments
Experience we require:
- Job Stability / Longevity
- 5+ Years of proven working experience as a Medical Assistant
- Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Social perceptiveness and service oriented
- Punctual and self disciplined
- NATIONAL Medical Assistant Certification is preferred (CMA, RMA etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Spanish/Bilingual is a plus.
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and EMR experience (eclinical works or EPIC)
- Must pass a 7 year criminal background check.
- Degree in Medical Assisting from an accredited college.