Payroll Specialist, High Volume- Healthcare / Medical Group - Phoenix, AZ
Up to-$58k (In-Office, no telecommute- Downtown Phoenix)
Working under the direction of the Controller, The Jr. Staff Accountant/Payroll Specialist will be responsible for providing support to the accounting department with preparing and inputting financial data into the accounting system and running bi-weekly payroll.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with bi-weekly payroll of up to 900 employees
- Performs month end closing duties as assigned
- Communicates with Managers and Supervisors regarding other payroll related issues.
- Files and maintains clerical records and reports pertinent information to accounting and or technical operations
- Assists with other accounting duties as needed.
- Participates in external audits by gathering documents and preparing lists
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Experience running payroll for over 500+ employees
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with Kronos highly desired.
- Work experience with cloud base or ERP system
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
Minimum 5 years of accounting and payroll experience