Internal Medicin Nurse Practitioner, Phoenix, AZ
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Medical Group -Community Health
Up to $145,000 for experienced FNP's or other NP designations.
• Assumes responsibility for the primary care patient (i.e., health and social histories, physical examinations, handling of acute and chronic illnesses, differential diagnosis and treatment according to policies and procedures.
• Manages, through mutual agreement and collaboration with physician, that part of care of a complicated patient which is appropriate to the ability and experience of the nurse practitioner.
•Collaborates and consults with other allied health professionals in order to give complete patient care. • Assesses own professional abilities and functions, and participates in peer review of nurse practitioner practice. • Maintains professional competence through participation in continuing education and other appropriate learning experiences.
• Contributes to the understanding of nurse practitioner through public relations and interagency planning activities.
• Conducts and participates in research related to nurse practitioner and allied health fields.
• Maintains awareness of trends in primary care, making recommendations for appropriate changes in nurse practitioner practice.
• Practices and promotes a philosophy of self-responsibility, and self-development.
• Interacts politely and as a team player with all levels of staff, physicians, patients, and public.
• Must be able to embrace differences among people and able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES •
Promotes positive patient/guest relation in accordance with company policies, providing a high level of quality in personal attention and service to patients and visitors.
• Complies with the organization Safety Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance with governmental licensing and regulatory requirements where applicable.
Conducts annual review of and complete/suggest on-going revisions of the Policies and Procedures specific to his/her department.
Maintains familiarity with and abide by all established facility and departmental policies and procedures, noting changes when they are published/posted.
Conducts himself/herself in a manner consistent with the Mission Statement and Values of the medical group.
• Observes and respects the confidentiality of information in regard to patients, visitors and co-workers employees including salary information, if exposed to any of the above referenced information in the course of his/her job function.
• Dresses according to the organization’s dress code policy and procedure, as well as, complies with specific departmental regulations pertaining to employee appearance.
•Demonstrates an understanding of facility organizational structure by utilization of appropriate channels of communication. Maintain consistent, timely communication regarding all facets of departmental activities with his/her co-workers, therefore, demonstrating good customer service skills with both external and internal customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Approved Nurse Practitioner education program, experience in clinical area of pediatrics. 1 year relevant experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS current Arizona Nurse Practitioner certificate, and current CPR certificate.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or board of directors.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to communicable diseases, toxic substances ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
**WORK WITH A LEADING PROVIDER IN COMMUNITY HEALTH!