Physician Assistant Internal Medicine- New Grads Welcome to Apply
Phoenix, AZ · Healthcare
Physician Assistant - Internal Medicine
NEW GRADS WELCOME TO APPLY
Community Health Medical Group, Central Phoenix
Salary up to $145k depending on experience
Provide high quality medical care to wide variety of patients in a quality oriented, efficient, and cost effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services as delegated by a physician.
2. Works as member of the health care team, by taking medical histories, examining patients, ordering and interpreting lab tests and x-rays and making correct diagnosis.
3.Records progress notes, instructs and counsels patients, carries out therapy prescribed by physician.
4.Collaborates and consults with physician and other health professionals in order to give complete patient care.
5.Maintains professional competence through participation in continuing education and other appropriate learning experiences.
6.Practices and promotes philosophy of self-responsibility, and self-development.
7. Confer with supervising physician as needed.
8. Signs off on route slips with signature and name of supervising physician.
9. Complies with all billing requirements for physician assistants.
1.Promotes positive patient/guest relation in accordance with company policies, providing a high level of quality in personal attention and service to patients and visitors.
2. Observes organizational policies concerning unscheduled absences and reports unscheduled absences in accordance with departmental procedures. Has 3 or fewer occurrences of unscheduled absences in a twelve month period.
3. If in a nonexempt position, does not incur excessive overtime. Does not work overtime without prior written approval of his/her supervisor. If in a supervisory position, controls the overtime expended by his/her subordinates within the policies and practices of the facility.
4. Complies with the organization Safety Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance with governmental licensing and regulatory requirements where applicable. Conducts annual review of and complete/suggest on-going revisions of the Policies and Procedures specific to his/her department. Maintains familiarity with and abide by all established facility and departmental policies and procedures, noting changes when they are published/posted. Conducts himself/herself in a manner consistent with the Mission Statement and Values of the company.
5. Reports to work at the start of the shift 98% of the days scheduled. Follows the work rotation schedule. Explains and gives proper notification of absenteeism, as outlined in the facility Policies and Procedures. Attends a minimum of 98% of the staff meetings. Reads and signs off on all minutes of the meetings not attended. Participates in committees as assigned. Maintains 100% attendance at mandatory skill/departmental updates. Seeks out facility or external education/training that would further develop individual skills, experience or knowledge necessary for a high standard of functioning in his/her job.
6. Observes and respects the confidentiality of information in regard to patients, visitors and co-workers employees including salary information, if exposed to any of the above referenced information in the course of his/her job function.
7. Dresses according to the organization’s dress code policy and procedure, as well as, complies with specific departmental regulations pertaining to employee appearance.
8. Demonstrates an understanding of facility organizational structure by utilization of appropriate channels of communication. Maintain consistent, timely communication regarding all facets of departmental activities with his/her co-workers, therefore, demonstrating good customer service skills with both external and internal customers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Graduate of an accredited school for Physician Assistants. Previous experience in family medicine care, excellent communication skills.