Pediatric Triage, Disease Education, Patient Education Nurse (Float) - Up to 98k
This is position covers as a float in the East Phoenix / East Valley areas.
- $65-$98k DOE
- Mon-Fri 8-5 position, no weekends.
- Critical Care Background (ER / ICU etc preferred) and experience in Triage, Education/Instructing.
We represent one of the largest and well respected community health / non-profit medical groups in the Phoenix area. Work for an organization that truly values their employees by providing many opportunities for career growth and is dedicating to improving healthcare availability and quality to their patients. In other words: this is the company for you!
The role of the RN is to work collaboratively with providers and the care team to provide safe, efficient, and effective care to empaneled patients. Under the clinical direction of the CMO or designee, the RN:
(1) facilitates health and disease management,
(2) uses evidence-based care to improve quality and patient outcomes,
(3) assists in transitions of care, and
(4) is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating an organized program for staff education directed toward the achievement of professional excellence. Serves as a primary contact person for nursing and clinical support service staff education and creates professional education resources and instructional leadership for outreach programs directed to health care professionals.
- Talks directly to patients on the telephone and in the clinic and directs them to hospital emergency department (ED) or urgent care centers or to see a clinician during office hours.
- Performs triage of patient with urgent medical concern and determines next steps for clinician evaluation.
- Considers the patients’ pre-existing health conditions via review of the health record and may use computerized medical information database, which uses algorithms that closely imitates medical provider logic and thought patterns, as a guide.
- Confers with medical provider as needed.
- Sends those with high-risk chief complaints such as chest pain, abdominal pain, or severe headaches to ED immediately.
- May provide appropriate home health advice to those patients who do not need to go directly to the ED.
- Works with operational team members to maintains follow up of all patients directed to the ED per established protocols.
- Works with operational team to schedule appointment for patients who do not need to go to ER but need to see a medical provider
- Acts, when designated, in “Ask a Nurse” capacity, handling routine information requests from patients, e.g., “Do I need a flu shot every year? When are you giving these shots?”
- Responds to all in clinic emergent patient needs and conduct triage as explained above.
- Participates in assessment and evaluation to sign off support staffs’ competency skills checklists.
- Maintains an active resource, advisory, supportive role in the clinic to all staff with direct and indirect contact with patients.
- Provides leadership for the assessment of learning/resource needs and the subsequent establishment of directional goals for clinic staff development.
- Collaborates with department managers and resource staff using indicators such as new policy development, new technology, patient case study, and quality assurance monitors to prioritize staff development needs.
- Establishes and maintains a resource pool of health professionals, current health care information, and media and material resources to assist and support staff education and professional outreach.
- Monitors staff education and professional outreach program offerings. Recommends direction and program focus.
- Functions as a liaison with community health professionals to promote professional/education programs and services.
- Designs and conducts educational programs for nursing and clinical support staff. Coordinates orientation programs for new staff members, develops programs to keep existing staff up-to date, and acts as general resource for nursing and clinical support staff.
- Evaluates the program results and competencies of nursing/clinical support staff.
- Plans and executes a variety of in-service orientation programs, educational programs, and educational services for clinical personnel in a hospital or medical facility.
- Teaches material to meet competency assessment requirements in conformance with departmental objectives and accreditation standards.
- Trains new support staff at appropriate levels.
- Assesses educational needs of the learner and develops plans for learning experiences appropriate for meeting recognized needs.
- `This position requires consistent, in-person attendance at the organization’s clinics/locations. However, based on the employee’s performance and the specific task the employee is accomplishing, some remote work may be permissible.
Other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse with an Associate Degree in Nursing or related field
- At least two years of professional experience in Pediatrics (preferably critical care)
- Current unencumbered Arizona R.N. License
- Current CPR certificate Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or related field Nursing experience with clinical focus
WE LOOK FORWARD TO WORKING WITH YOU!