The Physical Therapist will carry out an individualized program of physical therapy including assessment, treatment, planning, implementation, education, and communication to maximize a patient's progress toward achieving functional goals. The Physical Therapist will also maintain a positive working relationship with other health professionals and ancillary staff.
- Provides direct patient care, evaluates functional needs and outcomes, and consults with other specialists. Reviews patients functional needs and adjusts care plans to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
- Designs and implements a plan of care for patients based on a thorough assessment of potential development and incorporates participation by significant others whenever it seems appropriate.
- Conducts therapy practice within defined standards of care.
- Directs the assistance of support staff to achieve patients functional goals.
- Communicates effectively with other professional and support staff to achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Practices hospital and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Documents evaluations, treatment goals, and plans. Regularly updates documentation and maintains prescriptions and signatures.
- Enhances professional growth and development of self and others through participation in educational programs, in-service meetings, and workshops. Keeps up to date on professional literature.
- Provides direction and leadership to staff and acts as a resource to promote physical therapy in the community.