LCSW - Behavioral Health Therapist - Acute care children's hospital
- Excellent, meaningful care to pediatric patients in a acute care / integrated health model.
- Fantastic benefits and job growth!
- 200 bed facility
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker, functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team to coordinate services through the continuum of care to the next appropriate setting.
Acts as the patient advocate to assist in the areas of personal, financial, and environmental to promote positive patient outcomes. Interacts with external service organizations, agencies and health care facilitates to promote the optimum patient discharge plan.
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker is a skilled mental health professional who is authorized to assess, diagnose and treat individuals and families of all ages and socio-economic groups.
- Screens and assesses patients for common mental and behavioral health disorders. Facilitate patient engagement and follow-up care.
- Collects data from multiple sources using assessment techniques that are appropriate to the patient’s language, culture and developmental stage, including but not limited to, screening evaluations, psychiatric rating scales, genograms and other standardized instruments.
- Supports the mental and physical health care of patients on an assigned patient caseload. Closely coordinates care with the patient’s medical provider and, when appropriate, other mental health providers.
- Provides or facilitate in-clinic or outside referrals to evidence- based psychosocial treatments (e.g. problem-solving treatment or behavioral activation) as clinically indicated.
- Offers short term evidence-based therapy.
- Acts as a mandated reporter for suspected child abuse
- Maintains clinical/professional competencies and certifications as determined by institutional and state requirements.
- Develops and assists patient and their families with an appropriate discharge plan (home care, ME, short and long term placement, transport)
- Demonstrates problem solving and conflict resolution capabilities.
- Establishes and maintains a professional therapeutic relationship with patients.
- Maintains patient records, including mandated agency reporting forms in accordance with hospital policy, confidentiality and HIPPA laws. Keeps all information confidential.
- Supervises MSW interns and other LSW staff who may need supervision towards their LCSW as able.
- Documents patient progress and treatment recommendations in EHR and other required systems so as to be shared with medical providers, psychiatric consultant and other treating providers.
- Accesses legal assistance for guardianships or power of attorney.
- Evaluates potential abuse, neglect and risk of danger to self and others such as suicide, homicide and other self-injurious behaviors and assists patients and families in securing the least restrictive environment for ensuring safety.
- Provides early interventions and referrals for the patient and family to specialty mental health services, including referral for more intensive psychological or psychiatric support services.
- May be required to perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Medical Director and/or Attending Psychiatrist.
- Holds Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited University.
- LCSW with current PA licensure
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with screening, assessment and treatment planning for common mental and behavioral health disorders. Experience working with kids is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with providing brief psychosocial counseling/interventions using evidence based therapeutic modalities
- Demonstrated ability to work with patients by telephone as well as in person.
- Preferred experience with training other care team members on utilizing brief behavioral interventions.
- Prior experience working in a primary care setting with integrated behavioral health preferred.
2 years’ graduate experience preferred